I used a Weight Watchers smokey cheese stick--1 net carb.
I cut it into 20 pieces--about 1/4 of an inch thick--and placed them on parchment paper.
You don't want to put them too close together, so you'll have to do them in a couple of batches. Watch them carefully--don't walk away. The ones in the middle of the plate will cook first, and you'll want to take them out before they burn. (I found that out the hard way.)
- You can use any type of cheese stick for this.
- The cheese stick puffs up and swells to about twice the original size. You don't want the cooked edges to touch, but you can place them fairly close together.
- Watch very, very carefully--or the ones in the middle of the plate will burn.
- If you want a salty-snack flavor, sprinkle a little seasoned salt over the cheese slices before you microwave it.
- One of the best things about this is portion control...make one serving at a time. If you're on Atkins, you'll want to limit that to one serving per day.