This was a dish that I put together with odds and ends in the refrigerator--it turned out to be really delicious! In fact, it was so good that I had a hard time stopping at one serving. I will definitely make this again!
Number of Servings: 5
- 1 lb ground turkey sausage
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 TBS olive oil
7 oz cream cheese
2 TBS sour cream
- Toss the chopped onion with 1 TBS olive oil (in the skillet).
- Turn on the heat and open your package of ground turkey sausage.
- Mix the ground turkey into the onion (breaking up the large bits) and then turn the heat to medium.
- Put a lid on the skillet.
- Cut the cabbage into strips--about 1/4" by 2"--but you don't have to be really strict about it.
- Put the cabbage in with the meat mixture and stir well.
- Put the lid back on the skillet and let the mixture cook for a few minutes (until the cabbage is almost done). Cut the cream cheese into a few chunks and place on top of the cabbage.
- Put the lid back on and give it a few minutes for the cheese to soften.
- Check on the cheese, and when it is soft, stir it into the mixture.
- Add the 2 TBS of sour cream. Stir well and let it heat through.
If you don't use sausage, you'll need to season the meat. You can use something like French onion soup mix, but don't forget to add the in the extra carbs when counting carbs per serving.