Picture from "myfridgefood."
- *Turkey, Louis Rich Turkey Bacon, 4 slices, chopped
- Onions, raw, 1 cup, chopped
- Garlic, 2 tsp
- Fajita Seasoning Mix, 1 tsp
- Butter or oil
- In a heavy skillet, melt the butter/heat the oil and add the chopped onion and minced garlic. Saute until onions are almost clear.
- Add the chicken (I used canned chicken breast, which made things easy) and chopped bacon.
- Sprinkle the fajita seasoning over the meat.
- Continue cooking, stirring often, until the chicken is heated through.
- Transfer the meat and onion mixture to a large soup pot and add the chicken broth and Rotel tomatoes/peppers.
- When the broth is hot, stir in the cubes of cream cheese. Once the cream cheese has melted, stir in the cream.
- When the soup has heated back up, stir in the shredded cheddar.
- I added the tomatoes--I needed an empty can that day. I liked it, so I've kept on doing it.
- I ladle the soup into individual bowls to control my servings sizes--and to plan meals ahead. If you are making this for a large family, don't bother with this step.
- You can garnish this with the chopped bacon, but I find it easier to figure out the nutritional value on individual servings if I include it instead of using it as a garnish.
- This is pretty with chopped green onions for a garnish, but it adds carbs (so I didn't do it).
Amount Per Serving
|Vitamin A||24.5 %|
|Vitamin B-12||22.2 %|
|Vitamin B-6||55.2 %|
|Vitamin C||10.4 %|
|Vitamin D||4.8 %|
|Vitamin E||4.4 %|
|Pantothenic Acid||18.1 %|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.