Search This Blog

Monday, July 9, 2012

3 net Carb Nachos

I love Mexican food!  I miss nachos, but I'm allergic to corn now, so I couldn't eat corn tortilla chips even if I wasn't on Atkins.  Life goes on.  To that end, I low-carb as many of my Mexican food favorites as I can.  This version of nachos is delicious!  I will be doing this again often--in fact, it's going to be part of today's lunch.




First, place one serving of pepperoni on parchment paper and microwave for about 30 seconds (check the crispy-factor, you want the final product to be crisp enough to eat like chips).


Next, sprinkle shredded cheese over the pepperoni.  I used 1/4 cup (one serving). 





After that, place a jalapeno slice on each piece of pepperoni.  For this batch, I used carrots (not Induction-friendly) that had been pickled with jalapenos--so they taste like jalapenos.

Then, place the plate in the microwave and cook for about 30 seconds.



Finally, EAT!

Volley's Notes:
  • Kroger's brand of turkey pepperoni is 16 pieces per serving.  It worked out very well.
  • You don't need a whole serving of cheese; so, next time I will probably use just half a serving.
  • Make sure you microwave the pepperoni long enough that it gets crispy.  You'll only melt the cheese for a few seconds, so it won't be enough to cook the pepperoni to crisp.





No comments:

Post a Comment