Search This Blog

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Pizza!

Honestly, my favorite pizza is Dana Carpender's MEATZA!  However, once in a while, you crave a lighter pizza.  I used Candice's Garlic Herb drop biscuits for the crust of this pizza:



Instead of dropping the dough into four biscuits, I smoothed it into a personal pan sized pizza crust.  After it baked for 16 minutes, I topped it with (in this order) 1/4 cup shredded Mozzarella, 1/4 thinly sliced tomato, 4 basil leaves (finely snipped), and 1/4 cup shredded cheddar.

Volley's Notes:
  • We like thinner crust, so next time I will use the same amount of dough, but make a full-size pizza.  It needed more tomato, so next time I'll use a whole tomato.  I think I'll add turkey pepperoni, too.  
  • The carb count is 7.68 nC for the entire crust.  Your carb count per piece will depend on the toppings you choose and the number of pieces you cut.  
  • The pizza picture above was 2 servings at 5 nC each.   
You can find the recipe for MEATZA! in Dana Carpender's 500 LOW-CARB RECIPES (2002), p. 312.
You can find the recipe for Candice's Low Carb Garlic Herb Drop Biscuits at the Favorite Places link on the side of this page.

2 comments:

  1. I have been making Meatza for the past 10 years. Since the first time I low-carbed. I never knew someone had written a recipe for it. I love it too. Sometimes I make a zucchini crust but I still love the meatza the most.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saskia, it's been 10 years since Dana's cookbook came out, so I've been making MEATZA for 10 years, too. It's wonderful! Now, with all this talk about pizza, I think I'm going to end up fixing my cod as pizza tonight. LOL I'm going to top it with tomatoes and Mozzarella cheese...and freshly-snipped basil from my garden.

    ReplyDelete