Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Pumpkin Custard

I have never been a huge fan of pumpkin pie.  If I'm going to spend the carbs on sweets, I want pecan pie. Thanks to Linda, I can enjoy the taste of pumpkin pie without spending a lot of carbs!  Since I love custard, but only have a taste for pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving, I think this is a great choice for me.  The recipe is Linda's, but the pictures are mine. 


Pumpkin Custard
Makes 8 servings @ 5nC each
Please click on the link for ingredients and instructions.

I like to assemble my ingredients first.  That way, there are no rude surprises as I put things into the bowl.  Here are the ingredients required for Linda's Pumpkin Custard:


The recipe calls for you to mix the ingredients in the order given.  That's what I did--except for the salt, which I forgot.  I had to mix it in last.  I didn't want to spend the time looking for nutmeg (it was not in its place--alphabetical order), so I used McCormick's Pumpkin Pie Spice.  Since I really like cinnamon on my custard, I added a little extra cinnamon. 

Here is the custard--ready to go into the oven.  It will bake at 350*F for 45-55 minutes.  I'm using a square pan since my oven is still broken.  The toaster oven has worked well for me this holiday season--as long as I have small enough baking pans.  If my wall oven was working, I'd probably make this in individual cups--like I do my regular custard.



I put the custard in the oven about 10 minutes ago and the aroma is already heavenly!  Who needs air fresheners during baking season?


Finished product...can't wait to dig in, but I'm going to wait until tomorrow.  Come on, will power!


Here is the nutritional value given on genaw.com:
With granular Splenda:
Per Serving: 97 Calories; 7g Fat; 2g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 5g Net Carbs
With whipped cream: 200 Calories; 18g Fat; 3g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 6g Net Carbs


With liquid Splenda:
Per Serving: 91 Calories; 7g Fat; 2g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carbs
With whipped cream: 194 Calories; 18g Fat; 3g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 4g Net Carbs 






No comments:

Post a Comment