Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Low-Carb Pecan Pie

One of my favorite desserts (any time of year) is Pecan Pie.  I can rarely eat it, though, because it is so sweet.  If I decide to have a piece on Thanksgiving, I limit it to 1/2 a slice.  This year, someone shared a recipe for low carb pecan pie--and I am ALL over it!



If you're not familiar with the blog, Life with Lisa, I'm posting the link here.  I used her recipe--exactly--except that I backed my pie in a rectangular dish that fits in my toaster oven (my 'real' oven is still broken).

Lisa's Mom's Low-Carb Pecan Pie

Here is my crust (note the rectangular dish), the filling, and the pecans.  I have three steps left: 1) dump the pecans into the filling, 2) dump the filling/pecans into the crust, and 3) bake for 45 minutes at 350*F.


Here is my Pecan Pie--ready to go into the toaster oven.  Whoo-hoo!


I am only 10 minutes into the baking step--and the kitchen smells like heaven!


Finished product!

Notes:
Next time, I will bake the crust before pouring in the filling.

No comments:

Post a Comment